View on the Rectorial Church from the side of Gabriel Narutowicz StreetThe Church under the invocation of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary the Victorious in Lublin was built at one of the oldest communications treaties of Lublin in the years 1412-1426, on the site of the former existing Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Barbara and St. Sophia, consecrated by the Cracovian bishop, Piotr Wysza in the year 1396. Its inception was closely associated with the deep religious faith of the king Władysław Jagiełło in the effective assistance of God, which he experienced during the fights against the Teutonic Order. The Temple in Lublin was supposed to be a thanksgiving vote for the victory over them at Grunwald and Tannenberg on 15 July 1410. At the same time it was also the first monument in Poland commemorating it.

View on the MonasteryLife in Lublin monastery began in the year 1426. The Bridgettines took care of the monastery and the church until 1835. During the period of their governments they have formed a charity association called Brotherhood of the poor aimed at providing material and moral assistance to the poor and they also carried out a number of thorough works that were intended to expand the temple and its surrounding buildings. The major achievements in this field have particularly had the abbess Agnieszka Jastkowska (1589-1630) and her successor Dorota Firlejówna (1632-1660). While the first one has focused on building, modernizing and rebuilding mainly buildings (at that time, three of the four wings of the monastery were built, a church tower and a choir; a chancel was rebuilt); the second abbess has concentrated mainly on changing the interior decoration of the church and important monastery areas ( the stalls were installed in the chancel choir,  five altars appeared, a new ambo and balustrades decorated with emblems). Money for the reconstruction and modernization of the church came mainly from the dowries of the nuns who were joining the convent in large numbers at that time. The recruitment was even limited, accepting only those ones that had a high dowry. Moreover, when Dorota Firlejówna was the abbess, the Firlej family also generously supported the convent.

Bridget during her Mystical VisionThen, the post-bridgettines' monastery was commissioned in 1917 to Ursuline Sisters who were brought over from Lvov. The Ursulines, who devoted themselves to pedagogical and educational work, took over these functions after the Visitation Sisters. They built the 2nd floor on a historic one-storey building, the side wing of the church and other outbuildings that exist to this day. They also ran the boarding school and the school until the autumn of the year 1939, thus contributing in this way to the ethical and patriotic upbringing of many generations of girls. With the permission of the occupying authorities, in 1941 they opened the Household School and in 1942 the Hotel School. In autumn 1944, they started Primary School, Secondary School and  High School.

View on the ChurchToday, the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary the Victorious is still a place not only of purely religious ceremonies, but also religious-patriotic celebrations organized on the occasion of national holidays and anniversaries commemorating the most important historical events of our homeland. There are also meetings of veterans' organizations of the Christian-independence trend and the tradition of reciting the occasional poems, theme-related to the anniversary or a particular person is being maintained.